Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Journey Begins today...

   Today is the day where I stay at home with Tuesday, our dog, and start to think about what lays ahead of me.  I am a total roller coaster of emotions right now- I am so excited, yet so scared- anxious, nervous, relieved the day is finally come, everything. I am feeling it all.  And then there is all the little things to think about- which back pack should I pack in?  Which pack should be my day pack?  Humm... Should I bother with a purse?  Ya, I should atleast bring something to put my camera and stuff in when I am wondering the streets of Kathmandu... Uggg.  They are silly things to be fretting over, but I can't help it.  
I have my dad's sleeping bag that he used to hitch hike with in the 70's.  I washed it yesterday, but I noticed the seams are starting to come undone, and I forgot a shoe to put in the dryer so it's a bit clumpy... I am girl.  I like to used sentimental things.  I can't help it.  Sorry dad, but I probably have to use a borrowed sleeping bag.
   Tonight I am guessing I won't be able to sleep one bit.  Oma told me to take lots of melatonin.  Then, I'll be up at 4:30am, and off to the airport.  My flight will leave at 7:05am, and I will land in New York only to sit around for about 8 hours.  Then, tomorrow evening, I am off to Brussels.  I have flown for 8 hours before, so that flight should be fine.  I have a short layover there, then I am off to New Delhi India!  I get there late Friday night, and leave early Sat. morning to fly to Kathmandu, Nepal.  So, while you all are thinking of me leaving on Thursday, you are going to go to bed that night, wake up friday, go to work/school/preschool- Brynn, Lucea, Jack, Isaiah, and many others- you will be doing show and tell with Mr. Rhett and Ms. Joy.  Then, you will go to bed that night.  That WHOLE day, I will STILL be traveling.  But when you go to bed Friday night, I will just be getting to Kathmandu in a drunken feeling haze.  I arrive in Kathmandu at 8am, which will make it almost 8pm. on Friday in Minneapolis. 
   So many things to think about, and yet I know I am worrying more than I need to.  
   I would like to thank you all for your support.  I am lucky to have a job that will allow me to do something like this.  I also want to thank all you for your generosity- I have been saving up for this trip a long time now.  Every penny I earned has mostly gone toward this trip, so all the extra bucks here and there are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
   My dryer beeped, which reminds me that I should be organizing.  Next time I write, I will most likely be in Kathmandu, doin' the Kat-man.
   Talk to you all soon. 

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Miss Athena,

    Lucea misses you terribly already! We hope you have a wonderful trip. Take good care.

    Peace, The DeFlorin Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey darling- ugh- That is the longest plane trip I have ever heard about. I'll be thinking of you the next three days. And remember the group will still look live a love heart when you return..............Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoops...I meant the group will still look like a love heart when you return.......it's hard to blog when Filla is sitting on my head..... Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Athena.

    I LOVE YOU.
    Come back soon.
    I miss you.
    I hope you have fun.

    FROM LUCEA
    (in her own words)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you too lucea. :) That is incredibly cute.

    ReplyDelete